Our aim was to create the ultimate light wind performance kite for all terrain. Powerful, fast, and consistently forward flying, the Chrono is a light wind freeride boosting machine that also excels in racing on the water, land, or snow.
The Chrono is at the pinnacle of technical foil design and is Ozone's first production kite designed with our new re-modeled CAD software; the results are impressive. We used our extensive knowledge in wing development and drew on our history in aerodynamics to create a no-expense-spared cutting edge foil kite.
If you are looking to get the most out of your light wind sessions, the Chrono will peak your experience. With incredible upwind performance, low-end grunt and huge float in jumps it will have you ripping!
The Chrono is for experienced riders or riders with previous foil kite experience. It is not difficult to fly, but there are techniques required to fly a high aspect ratio foil kite. Riding on snow or land is easy with plenty of power and handling in light winds to be clocking high speeds and long airtime.
On the water with a twin-tip the Chrono is a light wind monster; loads of power, easy to jump and stable. Due to the abundance of power and efficiency, gaining upwind ground is ridiculously easy, in light wind it's impressive how high and floaty jumps can be with the Chrono. No question at all, this is a pop and float machine, just edge hard and send it, too easy!
If you race - water, land or snow you need to have a serious look at one of these. The Chrono has all the technology you can imagine. The upwind performance is blazing and it can also hold a very deep downwind line. One other noticeable benefit is how much easier it is to tack when riding with a Foil board or Course board. This is thanks to the longer lifting period the Chrono gives you during that critical tacking moment compared to an LEI.
- Design – The Chrono's lightweight double surface design is combined with a high-aspect ratio of 7.0 and an incredible 47 cells, resulting in extreme flight efficiency. The aspect ratio has been calculated to be an optimum match with the profile for maximum performance. A high number of cells mean the ribs are positioned close together, creating ultra smooth surfaces with less drag and maintaining a clean profile.
- Leading Edge Profile Reinforcements – The Leading Edge is reinforced with flexible lightweight plastic battens to maintain the shape of the profile during angle of attack changes and turbulent airflow.
- Internal Straps – Newly calculated internal span-wise straps distribute load across the sail evenly and effectively, while also maintaining a cohesive internal balance controlling the high aspect ratio.
- High Performance Bridle Lines – To keep parasitic drag to a minimum we have used Edelrid performance line. This line is ultra high quality, non-stretch with a reduced diameter helping achieve our goal of maximum performance.
- High Performance Materials – High-tenacity sail cloth with extremely low porosity values and an overall light weight enabled us to further stabilize the canopy and maximize fast flight characteristics.
- Exceptional hand checked Ozone factory construction using the highest quality materials
- High performance light weight canopy material
- Leading Edge profile plastic batten reinforcements
- Internal reinforcements and strapping improve durability and load distribution
- High performance low-drag bridle lines
- Mesh protected inflation valves for fast inflation and no deflation
- Unique wing-tip drainage system to get rid of water while flying
- Double pulley speed-system, utilizing the latest high spec low friction Ronstan Orbit pulleys
- Color coded and numbered fool proof line connectors
- Velcro openings on last tip cell for easy wash out of debris and water
- Water proof deflation zipper on top center cell for easy and fast deflation