The Reo is designed specifically for surfing waves with a kite. Since first introducing this model into our line up in 2012, it has become an iconic surf kite. The Reo is advanced in design, yet simple enough to let you focus on surfing the wave. Versatile performance makes all conditions from on-shore slop to cross-off barreling reef breaks fun and easy.
The relatively low aspect design combined with fast direct handling generates consistent power to get around sections in a wave. Finely tuned profiles and wing shaping offer unmatched drifting characteristics - as you ride down the line the Reo will float allowing more concentration lining up the next section. De-powering the Reo is smooth and efficient, canopy luff is progressive which means the kite maintains positive bar pressure and handling throughout the de-power throw range, making the kite very reactive throughout the range.
Hooked or un-hooked the Reo performs to any given task in the waves. Simply trim in with the de-power cleat before unhooking and the Reo will sit and fly perfectly, floating with your riding movements. If you prefer to ride unhooked often we suggest connecting the back lines to the longer knot position. If you want lighter or heavier bar pressure use the rear tabs on the tips where the back bridle lines attach.
As with all Ozone products, we pride ourselves with top of the line manufacturing in our own factory, using the highest quality materials suited for the job. The new Reo is constructed with quality proven Teijin D2 canopy material and Teijin Dacron providing a crisper feel and a stronger kite. The Reo is designed tough without the need of unnecessary cosmetic items that only add weight and drag which reduce performance.
Due to customer feedback the return of a 4m size Reo further completes the line up offering more selection for critical rider preferences. Be sure to take a test ride on the new Reo, here at Ozone we think all will be stoked with the performance and capabilities allowing you to push your wave riding to the next level.
Design and Performance Features:
- 4-line pulley-less system (no pulleys, no problems).
- Versatile performance in any wind and wave conditions.
- Direct handling - turns on a dime.
- Mega de-power range.
- Excellent float and drift characteristics.
- Easy back line re-launch.
- Comparable feeling throughout the size range.
- One-Pump system for quick and easy setup.
- High volume Boston inflate/deflate valve.
- Multiple trimming options for customized handling and bar pressure.
- Color coded and numbered fool proof line connectors.
- Exceptional hand checked Ozone factory construction using the highest quality materials.
- Teijin TechnoForce D2 canopy material.
- Teijin Dacron for the L.E. & Struts.
- Internal reinforcements for improved durability with double layer Dacron inside the LE closing seam.
- Double stitched bonded seams.
- Dacron reinforced tip area for load distribution.
- Reinforced leading edge and struts in high stress areas.
- Reinforced trailing edge.
- Light weight & low profile aerodynamic leading edge scuff pads.
- Unique bladder construction with double layer section in wear areas.
Large technical bag
All items from Kite Only package
Bar and lines